Friday, January 20, 2017

Blip #2 Perspective

It hit me today; I don't really know why, but for all of the talk and supposed doom & heartlessness of our time, I think there is more good to witness and as a result *believe*, if we could just flip the lens we've been staring through blankly.

For every mundane or painful moment I've experienced, or for however many more of ours collected together and added up, I see equal parts (if not more) joy-filled, beautiful, more full of love - the component we've all been feeling is missing, angrily heralding for more of - it's here.

It's good to hold newborns, to see (and hear) just how quietly snow falls - to witness strangers helping each other in parking lots, curious connections turning into full-blown camaraderie - and spouses falling back in love with each other after what I imagine must have felt like an eternity.

I don't know. But on a day like today, I can smile to myself, pull my coat in just a bit tighter, and continue to stare out through a kaleidoscope.